Registration for the 2016 Marathon random drawings is now CLOSED.
Marathon registration is still available via one of our Charity Partners or by booking a travel package with Marathon Tours; a marathon entry is included with the package.
Registration for the 21-Miler, 10.6-Miler, 9-Miler, Relay, 5K and 3K is now open on a first-come, first-served basis.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES TO ENTER THE RANDOM DRAWING FOR THE 2016 BOSTON 2 BIG SUR CHALLENGE:
- Drawing registration will be open between 7 AM on October 1 and 11:59 PM on October 8. The entry fee is $2.50.
- You need to be registered for the 2016 Boston Marathon, planning to enter as a Boston charity runner, or have a BAA invitational registration to be eligible to participate in Boston 2 Big Sur.
- You can only register ONCE for the drawing; if you register multiple times, the duplicate entries will be removed.
- The date you enter the drawing will not effect your chances of being selected.
- Drawing results will be announced on Monday, October 12. Both those selected and not selected will be sent an email regarding their status. Because emails don't always land in someone's inbox, we will also post a list of those selected HERE.
- Registration invites will be sent to all selected on Tuesday, October 13. You are under no obligation to register if you change your mind, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if that is the case. Those selected will have 10 days to register for Boston 2 Big Sur. Beginning October 23 your registration opportunity will be voided.
- There will be a wait list following the close of registration. This will be based on the random selection order beginning with the first person not selected. If a slot opens, we will notify the next person in line.
- If you are already registered in the open Marathon (via the July drawings) and are selected during the B2B drawing, go ahead and register for B2B. Email email@example.com if this is your situation and we will void and refund your open marathon entry.
- If you are registered in the open Marathon (via the July drawings) and are NOT selected in the B2B drawing, you may still run the Big Sur Marathon but are not eligible for the B2B perks.
- Click the icon below to register for the drawing (the page will open at 7 AM on October 1):
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event entry fees can be viewed HERE.
Once registered, you can confirm your entry after 24 hours by clicking on one of the buttons below (either BSIM events or the Runner's World VIP).
If you "opted out" of having your registration details shown on the confirmation page at the time you registered or are under age 18 or someone else registered you, you will be unable to view your information. To opt back in, go to your "My Events" at Active.com or call 877.228.4881.
If you experience a problem registering online, contact Active.com at 877.228.4881. For other registration concerns or questions, email email@example.com.
As part of our green initiatives we do not offer a paper entry form. If you wish to pay by check or money order, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Before registering, please review the course time limit for the Marathon by clicking HERE.